Friday, May 27, 2011

permaflow pf-07001 never-clog drain

The item works well in that you get to see what goes through, identify if there is a clog, and scoop or bypass the issue. Of course it may not be pretty, but that is no fault of this device. The only things I would warn you about is that it introduces a clearance issue. It is deeper than a typical trap and if you don't have much clearance under the sink or happen to store items under the piping in the kitchen (as I did) you will have to rethink that.

The problems I had with this item is that the clear plastic is fine for the trap, but the couplers were terrible. You shouldn't over-torque the couplers for general PVC use, but the included ones tended to leak. I think that due to the hard, clear plastic it does not have the give or stretch that PVC typically has. Regardless of how much teflon tape I used, I had a small dripping leak from the couplers. I torqued a little tighter and they were fine till my garbage disposal ran and the coupler snapped (even though it is 2 pieces and 12 inches away from the disposal). I would recommend just tossing these clear couplers in the trash and buying fresh ones from the start to avoid this issue.


PermaFLOW PF-07001 Never-Clog Drain

No comments:

Post a Comment