Friday, May 27, 2011

sanyo vpc-pd2bk full hd pocket movie dual camera with 10 mp digital photos and 3x optical zoom

This camera is fantastic. I would first like to say that if you plan on buying this camera do your research first. This camera is obviously not for everyone as you can read in other reviews. I am a basic user so I don't need all the bells and whistles just something easy to use. The video quality is superb and the stills are great. I took practice stills moving around and the image stabilizer does a great job. I like the way it feels in my hand, it's not the sturdiest handheld but it does feel well made and light. Again this all comes down to preference. My only gripes are the battery life and the actual taking of stills.


The battery life lasts anywhere from 80-90 minutes before you have to re-charge, and also depends on the cameras settings. The actual taking of stills is kind of strange, you have to hold down the button halfway to auto focus and then press the button harder to snap a shot. My last camera was a Canon SD800 IS, push the button and take the shot. This camera has to auto focus then snap, not a huge deal just something I have to get used to as with all things new. The price is good, it's compact, and the video quality is excellent. Also keep in mind it's a pocket dual camera, it's not a professional hd recorder or SLR. Like all pocket cameras on the market there are going to be issues, it just depends what you need it for and is it to your liking. I love it. I'm rating it a 4 out of 5, there are minor issues that I mentioned, the things that I read from more advanced users are small and don't bother me much.

If you need a more in-depth look at the camera I found "fishycomics" on youtube to be incredibly informative. He has a great and thorough review with side-to-side comparisons between the Sanyo VPC-PD2 and the Kodak Zi8. The Sanyo has a wider lens, the blues on the Kodak are deeper than the Sanyo, the greens are more vivid on the Sanyo than the Kodak, and night shots look much better in my opinion than the Kodak. Again, preference. I also forgot to mention the sound is superb on the Sanyo and my last little gripe would be the limit of 30 min video recording. You can only record in 30 min increments on the Sanyo. You have to stop and restart recording if you want to record something that's longer than 30 min. This is not a huge deal if you have video editing software. I do highly recommend checking out "fishycomics" review because the guy goes through every kind of shot, does comparisons, and gives an honest opinion. Do your research and make your decision. 4 stars.

Sanyo VPC-PD2BK Full HD Pocket Movie Dual Camera with 10 MP Digital Photos and 3X Optical Zoom (Black) NEWEST MODEL 

No comments:

Post a Comment